Welcome to Mobipocket Developer Center
How to Import a PDF document
- On the Creator Home Page, click on "Adobe PDF" under the
Import From Existing File section
On the next screen, Browse your local disk to select the PDF file to import
- The name of your publication will be set automatically to the filename of your PDF document.
- Choose the publication folder where you want to store the publication files. The Creator will
automatically create a subfolder in the publication folder, with the name of the publication.
The default publication folder is the one you specified in the
or the "My Documents\My Publications folder" if you didn't change the original settings.
- Choose the language of the publication.
The default publication language is the one you specified in the
or the language of your operating system if you didn't change the original settings.
When you change the language, an adpated encoding is automatically selected.
- Choose the encoding of the publication; either Western (Windows 1252) or UTF-8.
The default publication encoding is the one you specified in the
or the one selected automatically for the language you chose.
- Click on Import to start importing the file.
The Word document is converted into an HTML file. All the formatting (headings, links, etc..) is adapted
for HTML. Images are also converted.
N.B. : A PDF document can only be imported into a New Publication. It is not possible to import
a PDF document into an existing publication.
© Copyright 2000-2007 Mobipocket.com