Welcome to Mobipocket Developer Center
The first step of the Build process is to select the content security or encryption settings that you wish to apply.
There are three compression settings available:
Note: the compression option does not change the way images in the eBook are compressed.
- No Compression: the content is not compressed so that the size of the final ebook is about the sum of the sizes of all the files in the publication.
- Standard Compression: the text content of the eBook is compressed using a simple compression algorithm. The compressed text size is typically 40 to 50% of the uncompressed size.
- High Compression: the text content of the eBook is compressed using a better compression algorithm. The compressed text size is typically 10 to 20% of the uncompressed size. High Compression may take a long time and is generally recommended for huge content size only like dictionaries and reference content.
There are four encryption options available:
- No encryption: the content of your ebook is not encrypted. It can be opened in the Mobipocket Reader by any user.
- Content Encryption: the content of your ebook is encrypted. This means that the source content does not appear as clear text and cannot be displayed or copied by a third-party software. It can however be opened in the Mobipocket Reader by any user.
- Content Encryption with password: the content is both encrypted and password-protected. Specify a password in the input field. The user will be requested to enter this password in order to open the ebook in the Mobipocket Reader.
- Content Encryption with DRM (Digital Rights Management): the content is encrypted for digital rights management. Such an eBook has to be retargeted with PIDs in order to be legible in the Mobipocket Reader. You should build your publication with that option when you plan to have it distributed through a wholesale distribution system. You will typically use this options right before deploying your eBook using the "Deploy" feature of the Creator. You cannot test an eBook built with that option; if you open it in the Mobipocket Reader, it will say that the PID is incorrect.
© Copyright 2000-2007 Mobipocket.com