Mobipocket Reader 6.0 for java phones - Alpha
Send us feedback
Technical informations :
OTA (Over The Air via http) installation instructions :
- Open the webBrowser on your phone
- Go to http://m.mobipocket.com
- Choose "Download Mobipocket Reader"
- Then choose "Java phones".
- Click on "Download" and the reader will be installed on your phone.
Installation instructions (if you don't have a data connection):
- Download the zip file (click here)
- Connect your Phone to your PC with USB cable.
- Copy the .jad and .jar files on your phone (in the "other" folder for example).
- Browse your phone and select the .jad file.
- The install begins
- After the install, you can modify the application settings in order to minimize the number of popups inside the application (see FAQ).
Download sample eBooks :
- You can see the freebooks web site here.
- You can download eNews with the Mobipocket Reader Desktop.
Get your first eBook via the Mobipocket Deskop Reader (Sony Ericsson only) :
- Open the new version of Mobipocket Desktop Reader
- Connect your phone to your PC with USB cable on storage mode.
- Select an eBook and "send to device" : your phone's SDCard
- The book is transferred on your phone!
Add your first eBook manually :
- Launch your reader on the java phone.
- Select the "about" menu.
- You can see your PID.See the FAQ if you can't see your PID.
- Add this PID to your account on the website on which you bought your eBooks.
- Download your eBook.
- Connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable using the storage mode.
- Create a new folder "eBooks" on your SD Card
- Copy your eBook in this folder.
- Open your Mobipocket reader on your device, this book will appear in the library.
- Enjoy it!
You can read all freebooks, enews or sample ebooks without adding your PID to your account. In order to find them, browse the Mobipocket web site
If you don't see your book in your library, please contact us on our forum and post your phone model.
You can also add your Phone PID to your account and redownload your favourite book for your phone.
System Requirements :
The Mobipocket Reader 6.0 Alpha requires a phone with J2ME and the JSR 75.
This Alpha version of Mobipocket eBook Reader is not supported and stable yet.
Do not use it in a production environment : it may crash your device, so please make sure that you have a backup of your data before installing the Reader.
© Copyright 2000-2007 Mobipocket.com